By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series visited Homestead-Miami Speedway, Matt Crafton took home the victory whe he held off a late race run by John Hunter Nemechek to take the win by just 2.942 seconds.
At the same time, Erik Jones clinched the 2015 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship with a sixth place finish. Jones beat out Tyler Reddick by a mere 15-points
Matt Crafton is the only former winner in the field this weekend.
Kyle Larson is the only NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regular in Friday night’s race. Daniel Suarez is the only NASCAR Xfinity Series regular in the race.
Truck Series Championship
The 2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship has come down to four drivers at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Those drivers are Christopher Bell, Johnny Sauter, Matt Crafton, and Timothy Peters.
Each of these drivers competes for a different organization, Bell for Kyle Busch Motorsports, Crafton for ThorSport Racing, Peters for Red Horse Racing, and Sauter for GMS Racing.
Of the Championship four, Peters is the only driver without a victory in 2016. Bell, Crafton, and Sauter combine for six victories.
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- With the start of the 2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase, will a Championship contender win, or will another driver play the role of spoiler?
- Who will win the 2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Championship?
- Patrick Staropoli will make his NASCAR CWTS debut in the No. 02 AutoNation Cure Bowl Chevrolet Silverado for Young’s Motorsports.
- Brady Boswell will be in the No. 05 Boswell Electrical Supply Chevrolet Silverado for Athenian Motorsports as John Wes Townley is sidelined due to a non-racing related ankle injury.
- Stewart Friesen returns in the No. 16 Halmar International Chevrolet Silverado for Halmar Racing.
- Noah Gragson returns NASCAR CWTS debut in the No. 18 Speed Vegas/Alert ID Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Kyle Larson will be in the No. 24 DC Solar Chevrolet Silverado for GMS Racing.
- Daniel Suarez will be in the No. 51 Arris Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Alon Day returns in the No. 71 FLwaterfront.com Chervolet Silverado for Contreras Motorsports.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Friday, November 18, 8:30 a.m. on Fox Sports 1
Practice 2: Friday, November 18, 10:30 a.m. on Fox Sports 1
Qualifying: Friday, November 18, 3:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Race: Friday, November 18, 8:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM Channel 90, MRN Radio