By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
14 races into the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season five series regulars have scored a victory (Christopher Bell four times, John Hunter Nemechek twice, Johnny Sauter, Matt Crafton, and Kaz Grala once). Bell has a 42-point lead over Sauter heading into the 15th race of the season. The Truck Series regulars will have their hands full as they will have several road course ringers in Sunday’s field.
The last time the Truck Series visited Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Nemechek took home the victory in dramatic and controversial fashion. Nemechek and Cole Custer battled hard for the win. Nemechek and Custer made contact off the final corner, sending both off the track as the bounced along the wall to the checkered flag. Nemechek won in a photo finish, although a very brief fight occurred as Nemechek waited for the checkered flag. Daniel Hemric. Crafton, and Bell rounded out the top five that day. Both Custer and Hemric have ascended to the Xfinity Series since last year’s race.
Nemechek is the only former winner at CTMP in the Truck Series entered in the Chevrolet Silverado 250. In four CTMP races for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, there have been four different winners.
Truck Series Championship
A total of 11 drivers have Playoff points. Bell has 24 Playoff Points, Nemechek has 11, with Sauter having 10, Crafton has seven, Grala has five, while Chase Briscoe, Noah Gragson, Ben Rhodes, Ryan Truex, and Stewart Friesen have one each.
Truex currently holds the cutoff for the Playoffs with Rhodes 17-points ahead. Grant Enfinger is nine-points outside the cutoff. Gragson is 34-points behind Truex.
At CTMP, the first stage ends on lap 20, the second stage on lap 40, and the final stage on lap 64.
What to Watch For in the Chevrolet Silverado 250
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Alex Tagliani will be in the No. 02 Spectra Premium Chevrolet Silverado for Young’s Motorsports.
- Ryan Truex will have Don Valley North Toyota / Weins Canada as the primary sponsor of his No. 16 Hattori Racing Enterprises Toyota Tundra.
- Gary Klutt returns to the Truck Series in the No. 49 Color Compass Corporation / Pioneer Family Pools Chevrolet Silverado for Premium Motorsports.
- Todd Gilliland will be in the No. 51 Pedigree Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Jason Hathaway will make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut in the No. 66 Choko / Kubota / Fast Eddie Speedwear Chevrolet Silverado for Bolen Motorsports.
- Parker Kligerman returns in the No. 75 Food Country USA / Lopez Wealth Management Toyota Tundra for Henderson Motorsports.
- DJ Kennington will be in the No. 96 Castrol / Spectra Premium Toyota Tundra for Gaunt Brothers Racing.
- Brian Wong will make his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut in the No. 99 Chevrolet Silverado for MDM Motorsports.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Saturday, September 2, 9:30 a.m.
Practice 2: Saturday, September 2, 11:30 a.m.
Qualifying: Saturday, September 2, 5:45 p.m., on Fox Sports 2.
Race: Sunday, September 3, 2:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM Channel 90, and the Motor Racing Network.