By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Xfinity Series visited Bristol Motor Speedway, Austin Dillon took home the victory in exciting fashion. Dillon beat Justin Allgaier by 0.277 seconds after race leader Kyle Busch was involved in a late race crash with Ty Dillon and others.
The last time a NASCAR Xfinity Series regular won at Bristol was Erik Jones in the Spring race last year.
Former winners in this weekend’s field are Allgaier, Ryan Blaney, Erik Jones, Jeff Green, Kyle Larson, and Elliott Sadler.
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers in the field this weekend include Austin Dillon, Blaney, Daniel Suarez, Jones, Larson, and Ty Dillon.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regular Jordan Anderson is also entered in Saturday’s event.
Xfinity Series Championship
Justin Allgaier, Ryan Reed, Elliott Sadler, and William Byron are the only four NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars that have Playoff points. Allgaier and Reed have five Playoff points each while Sadler has two Playoff points and Byron has a single Playoff point.
Bristol is the second Xfinity Dash 4 Cash race of the season, meaning that Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers with five of more years of experience are not eligible to compete.
At Bristol, the first stage ends on lap 85, the second stage on lap 170, and the final stage on lap 300.
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Will a Cup Series regular win again, or will a Xfinity Series Championship contender take the win?
- Austin Dillon returns to the No. 2 Rheem Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Ty Dillon returns to the No. 3 Nexium 24HR Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Justin Allgaier’s No. 7 Chervolet Camaro will feature Cheney Brothers Chevrolet/Cessna as the primary sponsor for the first time this season.
- Daniel Suarez returns to the No. 18 Juniper Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Erik Jones will be in the No. 20 Reser’s American Classic Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Ryan Blaney returns in the No. 22 Fitzgerald Glider Kits Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Jeb Burton returns to the NASCAR Xfinity Series in the No. 24 Estes /State Water Heaters Toyota Camry for JGL Racing.
- Kyle Larson returns to the No. 42 ENEOS Chevrolet Camaro for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Quin Houff makes his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut in the No 46 beatincancerwithduke.org for Precision Performance Motorsports.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Friday, April 21, at 1:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Practice 2: Friday, April 21, at 3:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Qualifying: Saturday, April 22, at 9:30 a.m. on Fox Sports 1
Race: Saturday, April 22, at 1:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, and the Performance Racing Network.
Connect with Us
To RSS Feed