By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
25 races into the NASCAR Xfinity Series season, only four of the NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars (Jeremy Clements, Justin Allgaier, Ryan Reed, and William Byron three times) have scored victories during the 2017 season.
This weekend the NASCAR Xfinity Series travels to Chicagoland Speedway for the Chicagoland 300, the 26th race of the season. Sadler has clinched the Regular Season Championship despite not scoring a win. He leads with 95-points over his JR Motorsports teammate, Byron.
The last time the Xfinity Series visited Chicagoland, Erik Jones took the victory. He held off Kyle Larson after a late race restart. Sadler, Daniel Suarez, and Allgaier rounded out the top five that day.
Allgaier, Jones, and Sadler are the only former winners at Chicagoland in Saturday’s field.
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers in Saturday’s field include Austin Dillon, Corey LaJoie, Jones, Kyle Larson, Ryan Blaney, Suarez, and Ty Dillon.
Xfinity Series Championship
Only eight NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars that have Playoff points. Byron leads the series with 17 Playoff Points. Allgaier has eight Playoff points, Clements and Reed have five, while Sadler has five Playoff points and Blake Koch has two. Brendan Gaughan and Daniel Hemric have a single Playoff point each.
The race for the Playoffs is only getting tighter with just one left as Michael Annett who sits 10th in points, has a cushion of 26-points over Dakoda Armstrong. Gaughan, 11th, has just 25-points over Armstrong.
At Chicagoland, the first stage ends on lap 45, the second stage on lap 90, and the final stage on lap 200.
What to Watch for in the TheHouse.com 300
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Austin Dillon returns to the No. 2 Rheem / Smurfit Kappa Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Ty Dillon returns to the No. 3 Bulwark / Quanta Services Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Daniel Suarez will be in the No. 18 Comcast Business Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Erik Jones will be in the No. 20 NBA2K18 / GameStop Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Ryan Blaney will be in the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Kyle Larson returns to the No. 42 ENEOS Chevrolet Camaro for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Ben Kennedy will be in the No. 96 Chevrolet Camaro for GMS Racing.
- Darrell ‘Bubba’ Wallace, Jr. returns to the series in the No. 98 Nickelodeon Green Slime Ford Mustang for Biagi Denbeste Racing.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Friday, September 15, at 2:00 p.m., NBCSN
Practice 2: Friday, September 15, at 4:00 p.m., NBCSN
Qualifying: Saturday, September 16, at 12:35 p.m., NBCSN
Race: Saturday, September 16, at 3:30 p.m. on NBCSN, NBC Sports Live Extra, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, and the Motor Racing Network.