By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Correspondent
The NASCAR Xfinity Series returns to the track this weekend for the iK9 Service Dog 200 at ISM Raceway. Last weekend, Kyle Busch scored his first victory of the season, holding off many of the Xfinity Series regulars on his way to victory.
Another appearance by Kyle Busch, the second leg of the ‘West Coast Swing,’ and restarts will be just some of the storylines to watch for on Saturday. Busch is the only Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver entered in Saturday’s race.
Coverage for the iK9 Service Dog 200 is scheduled to start Saturday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. ET. ISM Raceway has been on the Xfinity Series schedule since 1999. It has hosted the fourth race of the season since 2015. In 34 races at the 1.0-mile Oval, 19 drivers have claimed victory. The last five races at ISM Raceway have produced five different winners.
The last time the Xfinity Series visited ISM Raceway, Christopher Bell took the victory in dominant fashion, leading 94 of 200 laps. Bell had to win to advance to the Championship Four at Homestead-Miami Speedway. He beat Daniel Hemric to the line by 1.887 seconds. Only seven of the drivers that finished in the top-10 that day are entered in Saturday’s race.
Bell, Busch, and Justin Allgaier are the only previous winners entered in Saturday’s race.
By the Numbers
What: iK9 Service Dog 200, NASCAR Xfinity Series Season Race 4
Where: ISM Raceway – Avondale, Arizona (Opened: 1964)
TV/Radio: Fox Sports 1, 4:00 p.m. ET / MRN and SiriusXM Channel 90
Track Size: 1.0-mile Oval
Banking: three degrees on the start / finish straightaway, 10 degrees in the dogleg, eight degrees in turns one and two, 10-11 degrees in turns three and four
Race Length: 200 Laps, 200 Miles (Three Stages, 45/90/200)
2018 Race Winner: Brad Keselowski – No. 22 Fitzgerald Glider Kits Ford Mustang (Started second, 66 laps led).
Track Qualifying Record: Kyle Busch (25.992 seconds, 141.993 mph – 11/14/2015).
Storylines Heading into the iK9 Service Dog 200:
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Ryan Truex will make his first start of the season in the No. 8 Sherry Strong Foundation Chevrolet Camaro SS for JR Motorsports.
- Kyle Busch will be in the No. 18 Extreme Concepts / iK9 Toyota Supra for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Juniper will be the primary sponsor of Brandon Jones’ No. 19 Toyota Supra for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Joe Froyo will be the primary sponsor for Josh Williams’ No. 36 Chevrolet Camaro SS for DGM Racing.
- Tyler Hill will make his first start of the season in the No. 66 Toyota Supra for MBM Motorsports.
- Koolbox will be the primary sponsor of Vinnie Miller’s No. 78 Toyota Supra for BJ McLeod Motorsports.
- Ronnie Bassett, Jr. will make his Xfinity Series debut in the No. 90 Bassett Gutters and More Chevrolet Camaro SS for DGM Racing.
- Tommy Joe Martins will be in the No. 99 Diamond Gusset Jeans Toyota Supra for BJ McLeod Motorsports.
Weekend Schedule (All Times Eastern)
Friday, March 8
- NXS Practice 1 (3:05 p.m. – 3:55 p.m., on Fox Sports 1)
- NXS Practice 2 (5:05 p.m. – 5:55 p.m., on Fox Sports 1)
Saturday, March 9
- NXS Qualifying (12:40 p.m., on Fox Sports 1)
- NXS iK9 Service Dog 200 (4:00 p.m. – 200 laps, 200 miles – on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM Channel 90, and the Motor Racing Network)