By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series visited Martinsville Speedway, Johnny Sauter took home the victory in thrilling fashion, holding off Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series regular Chase Elliott by just 0.316 seconds.
Matt Crafton, Sauter, and Timothy Peters are the only former winners in the Truck Series at Martinsville in the field this weekend.
There is only one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series regular entered in Saturday’s race, Chase Elliott.
NASCAR Xfinity Series regular Ross Chastain is also entered in the race.
Truck Series Championship
Christopher Bell, Kaz Grala, and Sauter are the only three drivers with Playoff points. Bell has seven Playoff points, Grala has five, while Sauter has two.
At Martinsville, the first stage ends on lap 70, the second stage on lap 140, and the final stage on lap 250.
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- With the new race format, what kinds of strategy will we see? Who will gamble to win each stage?
- Will a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regular win, or will a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver take the victory?
- Austin Cindric will have LTi Printing as his primary sponsor on the No. 19 Ford F-150 for Brad Keselowski Racing.
- Austin Wayne Self and his No. 22 Go Texan/AM Racing Toyota Tundra team returns after skipping the race at Atlanta.
- Chase Elliott makes his second appearance in the No. 23 Allegiant Airlines/NAPA Chervolet Silverado for GMS Racing.
- Justin Haley makes his first start of the season in the No. 24 Accu Doc Solutions Chervolet Silverado for GMS Racing.
- Harrison Burton will be in the No. 51 DEX Imaging Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Ross Chastain will be in the No. 66 University of South Carolina Gamecocks Chevrolet Silverado for Bolen Motorsports.
- Joe Nemechek will be in the No. 87 Chevrolet Silverado in a second NEMCO Motorsports entry.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Friday, March 31, 1:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Practice 2: Friday, March 31, 3:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Qualifying: Saturday, April 1, 11:00 a.m. on Fox Sports 1
Race: Saturday, April 1, 3:00 p.m. on FOX, SiriusXM Channel 90, and the Motor Racing Network