By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series visited Martinsville Speedway, Kyle Busch took home the victory in, beating John Hunter Nemechek by just under half a second. The last time a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regular won at Martinsville was Matt Crafton in the 2015 fall race.
Johnny Sauter, Matt Crafton, and Timothy Peters are the only former winners in the field this weekend.
Chase Elliott and Cole Whitt are the only NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers in Saturday’s race.
Truck Series Chase
After the first-ever CWTS Chase Elimination race at Talladega, Daniel Hemric and John Hunter Nemechek were eliminated.
The 2016 Chase Grid for the Camping World Truck Series is as follows:
- 9 William Byron [6 wins], 3000
- 4 Christopher Bell [1 win], 3000
- 17 Timothy Peters, 3000
- 33 Ben Kennedy [1 win] 3000
- 21 Johnny Sauter [1 win] 3000
- 88 Matt Crafton [2 wins] 3000
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- With the start of the 2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase, will a Chaser win, or will another driver play the role of spoiler?
- United States Marine Corps (USMC) Veteran Josh White will attempt to make his CWTS debut in the No. 1 DAB Doors Chevrolet Silverado for MAKE Motorsports.
- Matt Tifft makes another start in the No. 11 Brain Gear/Surface Sunscreen Toyota Tundra for Red Horse Racing.
- Harrison Burton makes his CWTS debut in the No. 18 DEX Imaging Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Justin Fontaine will be in the No. 22 Toyota Tundra in place of Austin Wayne Self.
- Kaz Grala will be in the No. 24 Kiklos Olive Oil Chevrolet Silverado once again for GMS Racing.
- Daniel Suarez will be in the No. 51 Arris Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Chase Elliott makes his first CWTS start of the year in the No. 71 NAPA AUTO PARTS/Valvoline Chevrolet Silverado for Contreras Motorsports.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Friday, October 28, 12:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Practice 2: Friday, October 28, 2:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Qualifying: Saturday, October 29, 10:00 a.m. on Fox Sports 1
Race: Saturday, October 29, 1:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM Channel 90, MRN Radio