By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Xfinity Series visited Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Kyle Busch took home the victory in dominant fashion, leading 199 of 200 laps. Daniel Suarez finished second, 0.817 second behind Busch.
The last time a NASCAR Xfinity Series regular won at Atlanta was Sam Hornish Jr. in 2013.
Former winners in Saturday’s field include Austin Dillon, Brad Keselowski, Busch, and Jeff Green.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers in the field this weekend include Aric Almirola, Austin Dillon, Keselowski, Busch, Harvick, Joey Logano, Kyle Larson, Suarez, Timmy Hill, and Ty Dillon.
Xfinity Series Championship
Ryan Reed and Elliott Sadler are the only two NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars that have Playoff points. Reed has five Playoff points while Sadler has two Playoff points.
In the Owners Championship, Kyle Busch earned six Playoff points at Atlanta, one from a stage win, and one for the race win. However, an encumbered finish will keep Joe Gibbs Racing from using those Playoff points and race win that the No. 18 earned at Atlanta.
At Las Vegas, the first stage ends on lap 45, the second stage on lap 90, and the final stage on lap 200.
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Will a Cup Series regular win again, or will a Xfinity Series Championship contender take the win?
- With the new race format in 2017, what kinds of strategies will we see? Who will be willing to gamble?
- Code 3 Associates will be the primary sponsor for Cole Custer’s No. 00 Ford Mustang for the first time in 2017.
- Austin Dillon returns to the No. 2 Rheem Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Ty Dillon returns to the No. 3 Nexium 24Hr Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Joey Logano makes his first appearance in the No. 12 REV Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Kyle Busch makes his second of 10 appearances this season in the No. 18 NOS Energy Drink Toyota Camry.
- Drew Herring will be in the No. 24 Toyota Camry for JGL Racing.
- Kyle Larson returns to the No. 42 Credit One Bank Chevrolet Camaro for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Martin Roy will be in the No. 90 Cote/Gamache Truck Center Chervolet Camaro for Mario Gosselin.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Friday, March 10, at 4:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Practice 2: Friday, March 10, at 6:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 2
Qualifying: Saturday, March 11, at 1:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Race: Saturday, March 11, at 4:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, and the Performance Racing Network.