By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Xfinity Series visited Charlotte Motor Speedway, Joey Logano took the victory after Kyle Larson had dominated the day. Logano won by 0.462 seconds over NASCAR Xfinity Series regular Elliott Sadler.
Austin Dillon, Brad Keselowski, Denny Hamlin, and Jeff Green are the only former winners in the field for Saturday’s race.
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers in the field this weekend include Austin DIllon, Brad Keselowski, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Ryan Blaney, and Ty Dillon.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regulars Christopher Bell and Jordan Anderson are also entered in Saturday’s event.
Xfinity Series Championship
Justin Allgaier, Ryan Reed, Elliott Sadler, Daniel Hemric, and William Byron are the only four NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars that have Playoff points. Allgaier has seven Playoff points, Reed has five Playoff points, while Sadler has two Playoff points. Both Byron and Hemric have a single Playoff point each.
At Charlotte, the first stage ends on lap 45, the second stage on lap 90, and the final stage on lap 200.
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Austin Dillon returns to the No. 2 Rheem Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Ty Dillon returns to the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Ryan Blaney returns in the No. 12 Snap-On Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Christopher Bell makes his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut in the No. 18 SiriusXM Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Matt Tifft will have NBTS BrainTumor.org on his No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota Camry in support of brain tumor awareness month.
- Denny Hamlin returns to the No. 20 Hisense Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Brad Keselowski returns in the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Cale Conley returns to the series for the first time in two years in the No. 24 Merchant Services, Ltd. Toyota Camry for JGL Racing.
- Tyler Reddick returns to the No. 42 BBR/Jason Aldean Chevrolet Camaro for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Ben Kennedy returns in a second GMS Racing car, the No. 96 Jacob Companies Chevrolet Camaro.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Thursday, May 25, at 4:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Practice 2: Thursday, May 25, at 6:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Qualifying: Saturday, May 27, at 10:00 a.m. on Fox Sports 1
Race: Saturday, May 27, at 1:00 p.m. on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, and the Performance Racing Network.