By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Xfinity Series visited Kansas Speedway, Kyle Busch took home the victory. Busch held off his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teammate, Matt Kenseth, to win by 0.607 seconds. Ty Dillon was the highest finishing Xfinity Series regular in fourth.
The last time a NASCAR Xfinity Series championship contender won at Kansas Speedway was 2012 when Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. took a trip to victory lane. Jeff Green, Joey Logano and Kyle Busch are the only past winners in the field this weekend.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers in the field this weekend include Austin Dillon, Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, Joey Logano, Josh Wise, Matt Dibenedetto, and Regan Smith. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regulars in the field this weekend include Brandon Brown, Cole Custer, Jennifer Jo Cobb, and Timmy Hill.
Xfinity Series Chase
After the completion of the Round of 12 of the Xfinity Series Chase four drivers saw their Chase dreams evaporate. The four drivers that were eliminated from the Xfinity Series Chase after Charlotte are Brandon Jones, Brennan Poole, Ryan Sieg, and Ty Dillon.
The 2016 NASCAR Xfinity Series Chase Grid looks like this:
- 19 Daniel Suarez [2 wins], 3000
- 1 Elliott Sadler [3 wins], 3000
- 7 Justin Allgaier, 3000
- 20 Erik Jones [4 wins], 3000
- 62 Brendan Gaughan, 3000
- 16 Ryan Reed, 3000
- 6 Darrell Wallace, Jr., 3000
- 11 Blake Koch, 3000
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Will a Cup Series regular win again, or will an Xfinity Series Chase contender take the win? Or will another play the role of spoiler?
- Austin Dillon will be in the No. 2 Ruud Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Cole Custer will be in the No. 5 Haas Automation Chevrolet Camaro for JR Motorsports.
- Kyle Busch will be in the No. 18 NOS Energy Drink Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Erik Jones will make his 100th career NASCAR start in Saturday’s race.
- Joey Logano will be in the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Jennifer Jo Cobb will be in the No. 25 Mark One Electric Chervolet Camaro for Rick Ware Racing.
- Kyle Larson returns for another start in the No. 42 Nature Made Chevrolet Camaro for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Regan Smith will be in the JR Motorsports ‘All-Star No. 88 Car.’
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Friday, October 14, at 2:30 p.m. on NBCSN
Practice 2: Friday, October 14, at 3:35 p.m. on NBCSN
Qualifying: Saturday, October 15, at 12:00 p.m. on CNBC and NBC Sports Live Extra (Online)
Race: Saturday, October 15, at 4:00 p.m. on NBC, NBC Sports Live Extra (Online), SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, and the Motor Racing Network.