By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
26 races into the NASCAR Xfinity Series season, only four of the NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars (Jeremy Clements, Ryan Reed, Justin Allgaier twice, and William Byron three times) have scored victories during the 2017 season.
This weekend the NASCAR Xfinity Series travels to Kentucky Speedway for the VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300, the 27th race of the season. After the reseeding for the Playoffs, Rookie of the Year contender Byron leads Allgaier by two points in the Championship Standings.
The last time the Xfinity Series visited Kentucky, Kyle Busch took the victory in dominant fashion. He beat Ryan Blaney by 1.097 seconds. Erik Jones, Kevin Harvick, and Ty Dillon rounded out the top five that day. Byron was the highest finishing Xfinity Series regular in seventh.
Brendan Gaughan and Sadler are the only former winners at Kentucky in Saturday night’s field.
Xfinity Series Championship
After the reseeding, Byron leads the championship with 2,025 points. Allgaier is two back, with Sadler, the Regular Season Champ five-points back. Daniel Hemric has 2,009 points with Brennan Poole having 2,006 points. Clements, Cole Custer, Blake Koch, and Reed each have 2,005 points. Matt Tifft is 21-points behind Byron with Gaughan 22 behind and Michael Annett 24 markers behind.
At Kentucky, the first stage ends on lap 45, the second stage on lap 90, and the final stage on lap 200.
What to Watch for in the VisitMyrtleBeach.com 300
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Ben Kennedy returns to the No. 2 Rheem Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Brian Scott returns to the No. 3 Daniel Defense Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Kyle Benjamin will be in the No. 18 Hurricane Relief Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Ryan Preece will be in the No. 20 Hurricane Relief Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Sam Hornish, Jr. will be in the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Tyler Reddick returns to the No. 42 BBR / Jason Aldean Chevrolet Camaro for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Quin Houff returns in the No. 46 Chevrolet Camaro for Precision Performance Motorsports.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Practice 1: Friday, September 22, at 4:00 p.m., NBCSN
Practice 2: Friday, September 22, at 6:30 p.m., NBCSN
Qualifying: Saturday, September 23, at 5:35 p.m., NBCSN
Race: Saturday, September 23, at 8:00 p.m. on NBCSN, NBC Sports Live Extra, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, and the Performance Racing Network.
Connect with Us
To RSS Feed