By Seth Eggert, Staff Writer
CONCORD, N.C. – It’s the 11th race of the season and only just three full-time NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars has scored a victory. The Xfinity Series returns to Charlotte Motor Speedway for the ALSCO 300. The return of the Cup drivers, Justin Allgaier’s Dover penalty, and stage racing are just some of the storylines heading into the 11th race of the season.
Coverage for the ALSCO 300 is scheduled to start Saturday at 1:00 p.m. ET. Charlotte has been on the schedule since the inception of the NASCAR Xfinity Series, and has hosted the 11th race of the season on 10 occasions. In 72 races at the 1.5-mile Quad-Oval, 37 drivers have claimed victory. The last time a Xfinity Series regular competing exclusively in the Xfinity Series won at Charlotte was Mike Bliss in 2009. Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, and Jeff Green are the only former winners entered in Saturday’s race.
The last time the Xfinity Series visited Charlotte, Alex Bowman took the victory in exciting fashion. Bowman led 32 laps, taking the lead on the final restart, on his way to a 1.390 second victory over Sam Hornish, Jr. Only four drivers that finished in the top-10 that day to be entered in Saturday’s field.
By the Numbers
What:ALSCO 300, NASCAR Xfinity Series Race 11
Where: Charlotte Motor Speedway – Concord, North Carolina (Opened: 1960)
TV/Radio: Fox Sports 1, 1:00 p.m. ET / PRN and SiriusXM Channel 90
Track Size: 1.5-Mile Quad-Oval
Banking: 24 degrees in the turns, and 5 degrees on the straightaways.
Race Length: 300 Laps, 200 Miles (Three Stages, 45/90/200)
2017 Race Winner:Ryan Blaney – No. 12 Snap-On Tools Ford Mustang (Started third, 107 laps led).
Track Qualifying Record: Jimmie Johnson (187.735 mph – 10/11/2005).
Storylines Heading into the ALSCO 300:
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Ty Dillon returns to the No. 3 Nexium 24HR Chevrolet Camaro SS for Richard Childress Racing.
- Ryan Truex will have Phantom Fireworks as the primary sponsor of his No. 11 Chevrolet Camaro SS for Kaulig Racing.
- Kyle Busch returns to the No. 18 NOS Energy Drink Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Brad Keselowski will be in the No. 22 Fitzgerald Glider Kits Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Chase Elliott will be in the No. 23 Hooters 22ndInternational Pageant Chevrolet Camaro SS for GMS Racing
- Dylan Lupton returns to the No. 28 Fatal Clothing Ford Mustang for JGL Racing.
- Jamie McMurray returns to the No. 42 DC Solar Chevrolet Camaro SS for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Ty Majeski returns to the No. 60 Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing.
- Kaz Grala will be in the No. 61 NETTTS Ford Mustang for Fury Race Cars LLC.
- Chase Briscoe returns in the No. 98 Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing with Biagi-Denbeste Racing.
Weekend Schedule (All Times Eastern)
Thursday, May 24
- NXS Practice 1 (4:05 p.m. – 4:55 p.m., on Fox Sports 1)
- NXS Practice 2 (6:05 p.m. – 6:50 p.m., on Fox Sports 1)
Saturday, May 5
- NXS Qualifying (10:10 a.m., on Fox Sports 1)
- NXS ALSCO 300 (1:00 p.m. – 300 laps, 200 miles – on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM Channel 90, and the Performance Racing Network)
Connect with Us
To RSS Feed