By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series visited Texas Motor Speedway, William Byron took home the victory in thrilling fashion. Byron held off a late race run by Rico Abreu to take the win. Matt Crafton finished in second, just over two seconds behind Byron.
Johnny Sauter, Matt Crafton, and William Byron are the only former winners in the field this weekend.
Austin Dillon and Reed Sorenson are the only NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers in Friday’s race. Daniel Suarez and Mike Harmon are the only NASCAR Xfinity Series regulars in the race.
Truck Series Chase
After the first race of the second round of the CWTS Chase, Johnny Sauter punched his ticket to Homestead-Miami Speedway with a win at Martinsville.
The 2016 Chase Grid for the Camping World Truck Series is as follows:
- 21 Johnny Sauter [2 wins, Advancing to Homestead], 3036
- 4 Christopher Bell [1 win], 3029, +13
- 17 Timothy Peters, 3028, +12
- 9 William Byron [1 win], 3025, +9
- 88 Matt Crafton [2 wins, In Danger of Elimination], 3016, -9
- 33 Ben Kennedy [1 win, In Danger of Elimination], 3015, -10
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- With the start of the 2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase, will a Chaser win, or will another driver play the role of spoiler?
- Cody Coughlin will be in the No. 05 Jive Communications/Zaxby’s Chevrolet Silverado for Athenian Motorsports as John Wes Townley is sidelined due to a non-racing related ankle injury.
- Matt Tifft returns for another race in the No. 11 Brain Gear/Surface Sunscreen Toyota Tundra for Red Horse Racing.
- Shane Lee will be in the No. 24 Chevrolet Silverado for GMS Racing.
- Daniel Suarez will be in the No. 51 Arris Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- Jordan Anderson returns in the No. 66 Chervolet Silverado for Bolen Motorsports.
- Austin Dillon makes his first CWTS start of the year in the No. 71 Russell by HTPG Chevrolet Silverado for Contreras Motorsports. Austin Dillon will be competing in all three NASCAR races at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend.
- Jesse Little returns in the No. 97 Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra for JJL Motorsports.
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Qualifying: Friday, November 4, 3:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1
Race: Friday, November 4, 8:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1, SiriusXM Channel 90, MRN Radio