By Seth Eggert, NASCAR Writer
The last time the NASCAR Xfinity Series visited Phoenix International Raceway, Kyle Busch took home the victory. Busch held off his teammate, Erik Jones, to win by over two seconds.
The last time a NASCAR Xfinity Series championship contender won at Phoenix International Raceway was 2012 when Elliott Sadler took a trip to victory lane.
Brad Keselowski, Elliott Sadler, and Kyle Busch are the only past winners in the field this weekend.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers in the field this weekend include Aric Almirola, Austin Dillon, Brad Keselowski, Cole Whitt, Kyle Busch, Matt Dibenedetto, and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. NASCAR Camping World Truck Series regulars in the field this weekend include Austin Theriault and Timmy Hill.
Xfinity Series Chase
After the first two races of the second round of the Xfinity Series Chase were won by Cup regulars, no Xfinity Series drivers are currently locked into the Championship Four at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
The 2016 NASCAR Xfinity Series Chase Grid looks like this:
- 19 Daniel Suarez [2 wins], 3075, +17
- 1 Elliott Sadler [3 wins], 3074, +16
- 20 Erik Jones [4 wins], 3065, +7
- 11 Blake Koch, 3059, +1
- 7 Justin Allgaier [In Danger of Elimination], 3058, -1
- 16 Ryan Reed, 3054, [In Danger of Elimnation], -5
- 6 Darrell Wallace, Jr., 3039, [In Danger of Elimnation], -20
- 62 Brendan Gaughan, 3026, [In Danger of Elimnation], -33
What to Watch For
There are several storylines going into this weekend’s race to watch for:
- Will a Cup Series regular win again, or will an Xfinity Series Chase contender take the win? Or will another play the role of spoiler?
- Austin Dillon will be in the No. 2 Rheem Chevrolet Camaro for Richard Childress Racing.
- Kyle Busch will be in the No. 18 NOS Energy Drink Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
- Brad Keselowski will be in the No. 22 Discount Tire Ford Mustang for Team Penske.
- Corey LaJoie returns in the Youtheory No. 24 Toyota Camry for JGL Racing.
- Austin Theriault will be in the No. 25 Chervolet Camaro for Rick Ware Racing.
- Justin Marks returns for another start in the No. 42 Katerra Chevrolet Camaro for Chip Ganassi Racing.
- Brandon Gdovic returns in the No. 46 TCC Chevrolet Camaro.
- Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will be in the No. 60 SunnyD Ford Mustang for Roush Fenway Racing.
- Alex Bowman will be in the JR Motorsports ‘All-Star No. 88 Car.’
Where and When to Watch (All Times Eastern)
Qualifying: Saturday, November 12, at 4:15 p.m. on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra (Online)
Race: Saturday, November 12, at 7:30 p.m. on NBC, NBC Sports Live Extra (Online), SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, and the Performance Racing Network.